The call for papers is now closed (please do not send delayed submissions which at this point cannot be considered). We thank you very much for the copious number of proposals.
The Program Committee will read the abstracts in the next weeks, and we hope to be able to send the notifications of acceptance by February 28th. Further information about the conference will be made available afterwards.
The conference will start on the 3rd of July in the morning and will end on the 6th in the evening.
The Schola Cantorum Basiliensis / FHNW in cooperation with the Basel section of the Swiss Society of Musicology and in conjunction with the Institute of Musicology of the University of Basel are pleased to host the 2019 Medieval and Renaissance Music Conference. The conference will take place from July 3rd to 6th 2019.
We welcome papers and themed sessions on any relevant topic. Historically informed performance, organology as well as forms of visualization of music (notation, iconography) have long been the common fields of research of the two hosting institutions. In view of these research focuses the programme committee especially welcomes topics such as:
- Music notation
- Music iconography
- Interaction between notational practices and performance
- Music culture(s) in Switzerland and the neighbouring areas
- History of music education
Possible formats of presentation include (but are not limited to):
- individual papers of 20 minutes
- paired papers (60 minutes including Q & A)
- themed sessions (120 minutes for 4 papers and 90 minutes for 3 papers, including QA)
- round tables
- short 10-minute presentations
- lecture recitals
- performance sessions
Conference languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
Proposals should be submitted through our registration-tool:
Please note that you have to create an account to submit your proposal.
During the process of submission you will be asked for:
- indication of format
- proposer’s name
- proposer’s affiliation (if any)
- names and affiliations of any additional participants
- contact email
- A/V requirements
- a short bio or bios of the participants (max. 15 lines)
- further remarks (if any)
- for individual contributions : c. 250 words
- for sessions with multiple participants: c. 200 words on the proposal as a whole, and c. 100 words on the contribution of each participant
Deadline: January 20th, 2019
Notification of acceptance: by February 28th, 2019